Report A False Attorney

Make Sure Your Attorney is Properly Licensed by The Utah Bar

You can search for any attorney here

Please note: This is the appropriate form to submit if someone is falsely claiming to be an attorney and is involved in the Unauthorized Practice of Law.

If you wish to file a complaint against an attorney licensed in Utah or elsewhere, please visit File a Request for Assistance 

All UPL Complaints must be in writing (letter, e-mail, or printed form) and should contain as much of the following information as possible. You can complete and submit this Form online or If you are unable to complete the form online, please print and send via fax to (801-531-0660) or to the following:

 Assistant to General Counsel
Utah Law and Justice Center
645 South 200 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111

Please enter the information below
Your name and contact information are required, so our investigators can contact you regarding your complaint.

Briefly describe what this person(s) did to make you believe they are practicing law without a license. For instance, did the person(s) represent him or herself as a lawyer or attorney? Please enclose copies of all supporting documents (e.g. business cards, letterhead, newspaper advertisements, payment receipts, letters, etc.) if available.


This helps us prevent spam, thank you.