COGS may be needed by other bars or organizations

Instructions for Requesting a Certificate of Good Standing

Instructions for obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing:

  1. Log into your member portal at
  2. In the top left-hand box titled “Utah Bar Portal Control”.
    1. At the bottom of this box click “My Dashboard”
    2. Click on “Certificate of Good Standing Request Form”. This will bring up the request form.
  3. On the form select Certificate of Good Standing
  4. The request form will populate. Click on Certificate of Good Standing.
  5.  The attorney phone and email are populated from the attorney’s information provided in your member dashboard. If you want to change either of these pieces of information you can do so in your member dashboard.
  6. Proceed through checkout and pay with a credit card.
  7. Once you have paid, you will receive an email confirmation that your request has been received and your certificate is being processed.
  8. At 3:00 p.m. (MST) you will receive another email with a link to download your Certificate of Good Standing.

Certificates of Good Standing contain the following:

  • Full name of the licensed lawyer (as currently listed in the USB member database)
  • Date of admission
  • Current status (Active or Inactive)


  • Certificates of Good Standing CANNOT be issued to a member who is suspended for administrative reasons, is disbarred, or who has resigned with discipline pending.
  • Certificates of Good Standing cost $20.00
  • Certificates purchased by 2:30 p.m. (MST) will be delivered in your email at 3:00 p.m. (MST)
  • The Utah State Bar issues all Certificates of Good Standing by email for download by member. If you encounter an entity that has questions about this electronic copy have them email us at

Other Information

Discipline History Requests are provided by the Office of Professional Conduct. In order to obtain a Discipline History, please send the necessary General Authorization Waiver to the Office of Professional Conduct.

If you have any further questions regarding a Discipline History Request you may contact the Office of Professional Conduct at or 801-531-9110.

Certificates of Good Standing Issued by the Utah Supreme Court
If you need a Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Utah Supreme Court, please find a PDF request form on the Attorney Services page of the Utah Court’s website or contact the Court’s clerk at (801) 578-3900.

If you have any questions about the procedure for obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing, please contact Brady Whitehead at (801) 297-7057 or via e-mail at